before I sleep

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"Our minds are finite, and yet even in these circumstances of finitude we are surrounded by possibilities that are infinite, and the purpose of life is to grasp as much as we can out of that infinitude." - Alfred North Whitehead

Thursday, May 11, 2006

इक गुजारिश - A request

Once in a while, I hear that I make it very difficult for myself to find happiness in any to everything. On the other hand, some say when I am happy, I literally fly. Well, I understand that some control should be there on emotions but somehow I feel that some of them want to hide their emotions. Is that a fear or they don't even want their friends to know how they are feeling? Who knows, but I felt like writing what my heart says. Sorry, its still in Hindi but I have put the gist in English already. If you feel like having a translation of what I had written, just drop me a comment. So, here it goes ...

वो कहे कि हम शिकवे बहुत हैं करते,
और साथ ही खुशी का इज़हार कम हैं करते,
और बदलने कि कोशिश भी नहीं करते,
हमारी उनसे
है,

इक गुजारिश कि

हौठों पर है मुस्कान और शब्द सर्द,
कर मत ये ग़म ग़लक हो के बेखबर,
रात और दिन, आँसूं और हंसी,
जी ले एक भरपूर, पाएगा दूसरा तभी,
छिपा ना खुदको इनकी आगोश में,
खुल कर बाहर न आ पाएगा तू कभी ।

2 Comments:

Blogger disco69 said...

ye sab tu khud likhta hai kya?? Aur comments moderation kyon daal rakha hai ?

10:37 PM  
Blogger Madhur Kashyap said...

thanks dude for dropping by ... now I can't understand your feeling about what I write?

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home