before I sleep

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"Our minds are finite, and yet even in these circumstances of finitude we are surrounded by possibilities that are infinite, and the purpose of life is to grasp as much as we can out of that infinitude." - Alfred North Whitehead

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The first ride!!!

April 14-16, 2006 Noida-Nainital-Ranikhet-Bheemtal-Saattal-Noida

Since, March we have been chattering and planning for a motor-bike road trip to some place in Uttranchal. I will give all the credits to Rahul (one of us) for motivating me and few other guys to join this wild trip (thought earlier but turned out to be a cool experience). Initially, nine people showed interest and gave an affirmative nod, but as usual some gave up on the last moment due to one reason or the other. I want to be honest here that I myself wasn’t quite sure that such a trip can happen around me.

Nevertheless, the planning materialized for five of us (from left)

Raghu – cheesy, had done such ride before
Sandeep – he has some affection with his helmet, read on…
Vinu – calm and composite personality
Rahul – almost six-feet with a mischievous 5.5 kgs heavy and bulky lump of mass called brain
Myself – since, this is my memoir they will not get any chance to write about me



Travelogue

Day01 Noida-Nainital
Day02 Nainital-Ranikhet
Day03 Ranikhet-Bheemtal-Saattal-Noida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home