before I sleep

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"Our minds are finite, and yet even in these circumstances of finitude we are surrounded by possibilities that are infinite, and the purpose of life is to grasp as much as we can out of that infinitude." - Alfred North Whitehead

Thursday, May 11, 2006

ये दिल - This heart

I like writing what I feel. It could be anything from poem to a simple note. Unfortunately, paper-pen were never friendly to me and I used to gave up very soon. But, somehow computers are very natural and has been a boon to me in disguise. So, I have been writing on computers for quite a while now.

Maintaining a blog as a publishing website is very easy and has fulfilled my hopes of having some place in this huge web space. I usually write in Hindi (Devanagri script), and always had a difficulty as to how I should publish the work somewhere. I used to do it by converting it into some image format.

Recently, I stumbled upon something called Open Type Unicode Fonts. I also found out a nice freely available Universal Unicode Editor. It supports WYSIWYG editing in Hindi and just a CTRL+c and CTRL+v is required to put what you have written in the blogger's editor. Yes, believe me it is that simple!!!

Well enough blabbering for now. Hey anonymous! I sincerely hope you enjoy this poem.

ये दिल

पढ कर वो चंद शब्द उनके,
अहसास धडकनो का लगे बढ़ने,
होठ़ों पर आ जाए भीनी सी मुस्कान,
ये दिल खेले भावनाओं से खेल ।

छेड़ें मन के तार कुछ ख्याल,
ऊंहूं छोड़ो इसे..., कहे कोइ बार बार,
इस अजीब उलझन में पड़ लगूँ हंसने,
जाने क्यों खेले ये दिल भावनाओं से खेल ।

किस्सा नहीं ये सिर्फ़ इस बार का,
लोट़ आता है जैसे मौसम बहार का,
अभी तो शायद ये जाए बीत, पर
फिर खेलेगा ये दिल भावनाओं से खेल ।

This heart

Reading those few words from her
my heart starts beating harder
worries fade, sadness turnes into a smile
This heart plays emotional games

Beautiful thoughts tingle my soul
Leave it! Cries someone again and again
Befuddled, I laugh at my situation, cursing
dunno why, this heart plays emotional games

not something which happens only once,
comes back again like spring seasons,
may end peaceful this time though,
this heart will again play emotional games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home