before I sleep

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"Our minds are finite, and yet even in these circumstances of finitude we are surrounded by possibilities that are infinite, and the purpose of life is to grasp as much as we can out of that infinitude." - Alfred North Whitehead

Monday, June 07, 2010

Magic of streets

Street photography or rather passion to capture or observe 100s 1000s of different emotions and reactions of common people.. they are so rich and touching which no movie or cinema can ever give ... you have made a great choice ... I get scared with this thought feeling that people might feel offended by it .. Did you ever face such a situation ? - Madhur




I think I know exactly what you are speaking about. I tried several months to dare and make my first street shot because I was really scared that people could feel offended, but then I tried it and it was such an amazing experience, that I coudn´t resist and tried it again and again. I am still fresh beginner at this genre, so I don´t have many experience, but my first experience is very positive. I found out that street isn´t about how to hide best, but very often about interaction with people. First I make shot and then I smile at people (when they notice me, sometimes they don´t) and ask them: "Can I?" And until now they all smiled back at me and they didn´t mind at all. Maybe it was just good luck, but it gave me amazing feeling and now I understand very well why street photographers fall in love with this genre so easily. - Alzbetta [link]




I found out that street isn´t about how to hide best, but very often about interaction with people ...

Well said. Exactly what I understood now ... I never used to look at people faces while walking on streets. Always thinking up something in my head or gazing on the non-living things :-). But interestingly, if I am sad or feeling troubled with what is going in my life, or can't make up my mind about a situation, then, I move out from within and look at people, and suddenly it gives a positive feeling that everything will work out.

A smile goes a long way and its possible to get lots to cheer oneself up. I just need to ask for it. - Madhur

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home